Unlike other awards where it is possible to have multiple PMOs from the same country, the PMO Global Awards rules define that each country must have only one PMO nominated as its representative. In this way, it is possible for several countries to be represented, increasing the diversity and the engagement of the community.
The PMO Global Awards evaluation process is also unique and entirely online. Instead of evaluating all PMOs together, the evaluation process is structured into five rounds. In the first four rounds, two PMOs representing different countries will be pitched against each other, being evaluated comparatively. Three judges will indicate which PMO should go to the next round.
The sixth round will appoint the best PMO in each region: Africa, The Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
The seventh and last round will evaluate the four regional winners comparatively, appointing the recipient of the 2019 World PMO of the Year Award, which will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on October 17th, 2019, at the FuturePMO Conference, in London, UK.
The recipients of the 2018 PMO Global Awards:
- 2018 World PMO of the Year – Manulife Asia (Hong Kong)
- 2018 Africa PMO of the Year – Stanlib (South Africa)
- 2018 Asia-Pacific PMO of the Year – Manulife Asia (Hong Kong)
- 2018 Europe PMO of the Year – Tatra Banka (Slovakia)
- 2018 The Americas PMO of the Year – Banco de Credito del Peru (Peru)